Wednesday 5 November 2014

Treat - No Bake Energy Bites

Oh boy did I discover a delicious treat this week! Thanks to my trusty friend Pinterest, I found this little beauty when browsing 'healthy snacks' and had to make them straight away. They're called No Bake Energy Bites and they are the perfect mix of naughty and nice ingredients (my kind of snack food).

If you're anything like me, you have a silent chocolate-o-clock internal alarm that goes off every day at around 3pm. My sweet tooth cries out for any and every kind of treat to help make it through the afternoon. These little beauties will curb that sugar craving without the need for any guilt or horrible bloated feeling after eating something really unhealthy. They're also sweet enough that 2-3 energy bites is plenty for a quick afternoon snack. Trust me, I've got a mega sweet tooth and these are ideal!

So now for the recipe.. you can find the link here but I've also written it below. Enjoy!

Dee x


NO BAKE ENERGY BITES

1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs (I used dark chocolate chips)
1/3 cup honey or agave nectar (I used agave because it's a low glycemic sweetener)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed (I used LSA mix instead)
2/3 cup coconut flakes
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients then chill in the fridge for about 30 mins.
Roll mixture into around 25-30 balls.
These can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week. 
Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment