Monday 10 November 2014

Monday Moodboard - Grey

I have to admit that before writing this post I did look up the word 'grey' in Wikipedia to check the definition. Yes, yes I know it sounds completely crazy because everyone knows grey. BUT, what is it actually?? A colour, a shade or a tone? This was what stumped me when I decided on the theme for today's moodboard.

Wikipedia to the rescue! According to the trusty web encyclopedia, it is in fact a colour 'without colour'. Interesting... you learn something new every day right?



So back to this wonderful colourless colour. As mentioned in the above wiki blurb, it's often associated with being boring, dull or conforming. Although I can see how people may feel like that, I couldn't disagree more! I think grey is fresh and timeless. It has a beautiful relaxed feel to it (especially when used in knitwear) and compliments all skin and hair tones. 

A common theme in my wardrobe is grey marl and I find that I'm drawn to just about every type of garment in this fabric when out shopping. One of my all time favourite pieces is a long line grey marl cashmere cardigan. I bought it 7 years ago when I was working in a Fashion Agency. It felt like such a splurge at the time, but I have treasured it ever since and practically live in it every Winter. And the best part of all, it literally goes with e v e r y t h i n g. Now I'm no financial expert, but 7 years of consistent wear sounds like a dam good investment to me!

So whether grey is your kind of 'colour' or not, give it a try one time! You may just surprise yourself with how easy it fits in your wardrobe or how well it compliments your hair or skin tone. Try teaming it with navy for a beautiful, polished look; denim for casual, everyday wear; blush pink for a pretty combo; or classic white for a fresh Summer look. Or throw everything out the window and discover your own favourite combination. 
Fashion is about having fun and enjoying your unique sense of style.

Dee x























Pics - Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment