Monday 3 November 2014

Monday Moodboard - Denim

I looove denim. I can't really think of a reason why not to love denim... it goes with just about anything and looks good on everybody. Yes, everybody. For anyone who may be rolling their eyes thinking that jeans don't suit them, denim has so much more potential then just jeans! Think about it.. there are fab denim skirts out there, denim shorts, denim jackets (which look fantastic with a cute summer dress!) or even denim accessories such as hats, bags or shoes for a cool alternative to the traditional accessories.

Denim is a wonderful, durable fabric that can be dyed in any colour. I'm a sucker for the traditional blue denim myself, but I love the potential that white, black, coloured or printed denim brings to any wardrobe. What I really love about denim is the distressed look that come from lots of wear! Other then leather, I can't think of another fabric or garment that improves with wear and age. There's a reason why vintage (and I mean seriously vintage!) denim is so highly sought after in op shops, vintage stores or even markets.

So invest in some smart denim purchases and treasure them forever! Be experimental - double up the denim, dress it down, layer it with shirts or knitwear, customise it or chop pre-loved jeans for a fresh new addition to your wardrobe without the added expense. The options are endless!

Dee x















Pics - Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment