Thursday 1 January 2015

One

It sure is a nice day to begin a brand new year! I hope 2015 has been wonderful for you so far.

I've always found New Years Day to be a little strange for me. Sure I love a good public holiday during Summer just as much as the next person, but it's the new beginning that always gets me thinking.. After living 365 (or occasionally 366) days and 12 months, time hits the refresh button and we start back at 01.01 again. (I have literally had the Brian McKnight song 'Back At One' in my head all day!). We will never get the previous year back, it just goes into the history book while the memories stay with us. And the brand new year that has started brings with it a fresh slate to create new memories.

New Year is a time for reflection. Are you happy with the past year? Did you achieve what you wanted? Did you grow as a person?... So many questions that may run through your mind as you consider the past year and look towards the future. If these are the type of questions you think about as well, then I hope all answers are YES! If not, then I think this new year (like all others) brings a perfect opportunity to start fresh and make positive changes that will ensure you can look back and be dam proud of the person you are and what you may have achieved in a year.

Achievements don't need to be anything big or extravagant. You definitely don't need to purchase a jet in order to look back and think 'hey, I did good last year!'. Perhaps you achieved a new personal best in a sport you like, or made a new group of friends, or were just an overall nicer or more confident person then you had been in the past. These are all things to be proud of.

I'm really not a fan of new years resolutions. I think they put too much pressure on people and more often then not, set people up to fail. We are always told to dream big, and I'm certainly no exception to this. Are my crazy dreams going to become reality in one year? No. Everything takes time and effort. But small changes and a positive outlook on life is totally achievable. Aim to have a great year, not do great things in one year. 

So cheers to a brand new year! I sure hope it's one to remember. If anyone is looking to improve their wardrobe or gain some clothing confidence, then hopefully I can assist you on that journey.

Dee x






No comments:

Post a Comment